WORK WITH US – RESIDENT ENGLISH TEACHER AT AVEC ITALIAN SUMMER CAMPS
FILL OUT THE ONLINE FORM
For groups of Italian Students aged 13-19 (class max 18 students)
Head Teachers (in presence or remote), Centre Director
Usually 30 hours per week
Middle of June - Middle of August
Hotel/Village in Sicilia, Sardegna, Puglia, Valle D’Aosta, Volterra, Lazio, Basicilicata
Job role & principal duties
As Teacher you’ll be responsable of preparing lessons following our instruction about specific topic. Lessons can be eather in class or CLIL during the excursions.
• To ensure adequate preparation & set up for on/offsite classes.
• Lead, supervise, motivate & engage students
• To participate in all activities including sports, karaoke, disco nights, etc...
- You must take reasonable responsibility for the students under your charge and act to always secure and never to endanger their physical and moral welfare.
- Checking all students are accounted for in the classrooms and during CLIL classes.
- To maintain proper levels of student discipline, safety and welfare.
- Welcoming new students to the centre.
- To address any student or staff concerns raised to you and report them to the relevant persons involved.
- To be aware of safeguarding duties regarding under 18’s.
Company Quality Performance
- To ensure customer satisfaction in the teaching and leading students
- To enthusiastically promote the Activity Programme
- Preparing Welcome Packs, Excursion Packs and student ID badges.
- Designing and displaying posters and programme information. Photocopying and general office administration.
- To assist in day to day general duties as instructed by senior management.
- To complete post activity/excursion evaluation and observation forms.
- To develop and maintain open lines of communication with the rest of the staff
- To develop a strong rapport with all departments within staff developing working and professional relationships.
In the Classroom/On an Excursion/During an Activity/At the Centre
- To behave in a professional manner and demonstrate leadership skills.
- To adhere to Safeguarding and Welfare duties.
- To provide support to all students and Staff at all times.
- To attend all required paid training and induction meetings and take an active part in discussion and feedback prior to start of employment.
- Review itineraries and become knowledgeable about attractions usefull to prepare classes
- Complete any required training sessions/courses both online and in person as directed
- Provide all necessary paperwork prior to employment
Health & Safety
- Being fully vaccinated
- To comply with all health and safety, first aid and welfare procedures as required by the Company.
- Being aware of relevant fire, health and safety issues in the classroom and around the centre and during excursions.
- This role involves lifting and standing for long periods of time.
Person Specification Teachers
- English Mother Tongue
- Excellent organisational and Interpersonal skills
- Motivation and Enthusiasm
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work as part of a team
Qualifications/Experience - Ideally you will have:
- Experience of teaching to foreing students
- Knowledge of the rules and organisation of one or more quitz / games.
- An Interest and able to organise activities such as drama, arts & crafts, talent shows.
Accommodation on Campus with Full board.
Salary: Depending on experience.
Work with us as TEACHERS
Working in a summer campus is a fantastic opportunity to experience something different, gain new skills and meet new people. If you think you have the energy and enthusiasm to spend your summer helping Italian teenagers to improve their English and to have a good time, we would love to hear from you. You should be able to find everything you need to apply to work with us on this website, including an online application form at the bottom of the page. However, if you experience any problems you can email us your cv enclosing a passport-size picture.
So, now you have 3 easy steps to apply for a job with us
- Read the job description and make sure it is the right job for you.
- Complete the online application form.
- Check that you have completed the form correctly.
It may take up to 7 days for us to reply to your application